Maybe I Should Get A Trainers License?

Raff
By -
0
It seems blinkers on and some cotton balls stuffed in his ears(allegedly) is all it took to make a Grade 1 winner out of Nobiz. Of course I could have told Barclay Tagg that after the Champagne last fall. Maybe I should get a trainers license? Cornelio used him to get a forward position in the first quarter mile then, ungracefully I might add, throttled him back on the backstretch and still had plenty of horse to dispose of the pesky and overrated Any Given Saturday (sorry Alan). Sightseeing did his Jazil imitation to get second and I am surprised to hear that Shug is considering the Preakness for him; I‘d be targeting the Belmont after that run. Maybe I should get that trainers license and if I did, I would advise Jack K and the Sackatoga Boys to pack it up with Funny Cide, I for one get no pleasure from seeing this great horse running when his heart just isn't in it.

Cowtown Cat continues to earn back his $1.5 million dollar purchase price in the most unimpressive way. Seems like a solid Grade 2 type to me. He was the best of a average bunch, got an easy lead and did what was expected off him. Reporting for Duty on the other hand looks like a horse who is improving at the right time and if you look at his past performances, he has been right there with the likes of Chelokee and Ketchikan.

Tiago’s win the Santa Anita Derby confirmed what most already suspected, this was one crappy edition of the West Coast’s premiere Derby, Too bad Tiago peaked one race too early, as we all know Giacomo and his kin cannot string two wins in a row together. King of the Roxy disposed of that "can't go the distance thing", that was a pleasant surprise. But overall Todd’s army doesn’t look quite so invincible on this Sunday morning

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)