The Clumsy And The Bold

Raff
By -
0
I don’t think Nobiz lost much stature in his defeat in the FOY, as is his habit (and I hope Barclay can do something to correct it) he failed to change leads easily and looked like a big clumsy kid at the quarter pole. Nobiz still has not figured out that he is a racehorse and this is not a game. Scat Daddy proved that he is a force to be reckoned with and Stormello ran a heck of a race considering his commute in from California. But I still think we haven’t seen the best of Nobiz and when we do, watch out. I can console myself though, I had the Scat Daddy/ Stormello exacta!


Meanwhile Bold Start, a stablemate of Birdbirdistheword, (in fact their stalls at Palm Meadows are right next to each other) has finally figured out that he is a racehorse. Last month I asked Kenny McPeek about Bold Start and he was a bit puzzled by him. He knew he had worlds of ability but would not step up when asked. Today in the Hutcheson, Bold Start stepped up, giving King of the Roxy reason to worry at the top of the stretch.

McPeek quote from Bloodhorse:
“He’s got a lot of talent," McPeek said of the runner-up. "The battle is getting it out of him. He’s still in the game. I’d like to run him 1 1/8 miles in four or five weeks, probably the Illinois Derby (gr. II)."

The Illinois Derby is April 7 at Hawthorne Park.


Here’s a photo of Bold Start ignoring me in his stall at Palm Meadows.

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)