Unlike Alberto Gonzales . . .

Raff
By -
0
I will not avoid testifying under oath (about my picks in the Florida Derby and the World Cup card).

Oh Ye of Little Faith !

Not one of my fellow bloggers has picked Birdbirdistheword to win the Florida Derby. Watch Birdbird run down both Scat Daddy and Stormello today.

This is probably one of the best World Cup cards I can remember. As usual the television coverage in the United States is spotty but between Youbet and Philadelphia Park Phonebet TV, I should be able to see the entire card live. I will be looking for non-North American runners at good odds in the North American betting pools.

In the Godolphin Mile I like Singing Poet, he's cutting back in distance and has decent placing to the likes of Kandidate, Eu Tambem and has won at Nad, he's 20-1. I really like Patrol Board but the 16 post is a problem with the first turn coming up pretty quickly in this race.

In the UAE Derby look no further than Asiatic Boy who has been a monster at Nad Al Sheba. He's 6-5 but he's money in the bank to me.

The Golden Shaheen is a toss up but I like Terrific Challenge at 15-1. He has a win over the surface and a win over Thor's Echo at Nad. The mare National Colour is a South African sensation and has a handy win at Nad to her credit, I really like her at 8-1. I am intrigued that Frankie Dettori is riding Kelly's Landing and I will have him in a few exactas.

The Sheema Classic should make any horse player's mouth water. Lots of great horses at good prices. I am throwing out Red Rocks, check out the Dubai Dispatch blog and you will see why. Andre Fabre has entered Bellamy Cay who is Grade 1 placed in France . Fabre is a master and never to be underestimated, Bellamy Cay is 30-1. I will also be using Pop Rock, Youmzain and Quijano in the exactas.

In the Duty Free I am throwing out Lava Man since he is not a good traveler. I can't go against the Japanese entrants here. I like Admire Moon and Daiwa Major, both of whom have been chasing Deep Impact in Japan.

In the World Cup I can't go against Invasor. His win in the Donn was proof that he is an extraordinary athlete and already a proven commodity in a variety of conditions; the pampered Discreet Cat will meet his match tonight.

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)